This sweet apple topping is as fluffy as a snow drift.
Why Try? It’s incredibly easy to make, and has a delightful apple-cinnamon flavor.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Combine applesauce, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and fold them into the applesauce mixture, 1/4 cup at a time.
- 2 In a separate chilled bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into apple mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 3 Serve spooned over Apple Oatmeal Squares or other dessert. Yield: 6 cups.