Apple Pie that stays juicy because you use a grater to slice the apples. Read the Editor’s Blog for more!
- 1 unbaked pie shell plus second crust for top
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- About six apples (Golden Delicious recommended)
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon; set aside.
- 2 Peel apples and shred using the side of a box grater, so that you get thin slices. Combine apples with dry mixture.
- 3 Dot butter all over top of apples. Place top crust and seal edges. Cut 6-7 slits through the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- 4 Bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees, making sure edges don't burn.