A cross between broccoli and Chinese kale, baby broccoli has a sweeter flavor than ordinary broccoli.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- Salt, to taste
- 5 bunches baby broccoli, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the baby broccoli and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the broccoli to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and pat dry.
- 2 In a large copper gratin pan or large sauté pan over the medium-high heat, warm the olive oil until almost smoking. Reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic and cook until just lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to a plate.
- 3 Increase the heat to high, add the broccoli to the pan in batches and sauté until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt. Return all the broccoli to the pan and top with the garlic slices. Serve immediately.