The classic bacon-and-egg breakfast just got better. Here, the ingredients are tucked between slices of brioche toast, along with sliced tomato, grilled red onion and fresh arugula. To speed preparation, the bacon and eggs are cooked simultaneously on an electric grill griddle.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 1 red onion, sliced 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 bacon slices
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) mayonnaise
- 8 brioche slices, toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup (1 oz./30 g) loosely packed arugula
- 1 Preheat an electric grill griddle to high according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- 2 In a bowl, toss the onion with the 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook, turning once, until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 3 Place the bacon on the grill and cook, turning once, until crispy, about 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- 4 Meanwhile, oil the griddle with the 1 teaspoon vegetable oil. Working in batches, cook the eggs until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
- 5 Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on each slice of toast. Top 4 of the slices with the tomato slices, grilled onions, 2 bacon slices, arugula and 1 egg. Cover with the remaining toast, mayonnaise side down. Serve immediately.