Here’s the traditional indulgent American cheeseburger, topped with smoky bacon.
Why Try? It’s indulgent, sure, but it’s just a mini slider with about 2 ounces of meat! Of course, you’re going to want to eat more than one, but who’s counting?
- 3 pounds 80/20 ground chuck
- 6 strips bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 24 - 3-inch butter and egg dinner rolls
- 1 Build a charcoal fire or heat a gas grill.
- 2 Place the ground chuck in a large bowl and add the steak sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Shape the meat into 24 (2-ounce) patties.
- 3 When the grill is medium-hot, brush the grill grate with oil. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 4-6 minutes each side or longer if you prefer the burgers more well done.
- 4 Slice the buns in half and toast cut side down on the grill.
- 5 To serve, place 1 mini burger on the bottom half of each of the rolls. Place cheese on top of the burgers. Place the bacon on top of the cheese, add ketchup and cover with the top half. Serve.