Italy, the Italian Riviera to be exact is the inspiration for Bacon Wrapped Chicken with tomatoes & Basil.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 (about 3 cups) tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons basil
- Salt & pepper
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Peel, seed and chop the tomatoes.
- 3 Place tomatoes in a non-stick sauce pan and cook over medium heat until softened and juice is reduced by half.
- 4 Add basil, stir and remove from heat.
- 5 Pour tomatoes into a baking dish and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- 6 Finely slice the garlic clove.
- 7 Place one garlic slice into the center of each chicken thigh.
- 8 Wrap chicken thighs with one slice of bacon each.
- 9 Snuggle the chicken thighs into the tomato basil sauce.
- 10 Drizzle with olive oil.
- 11 Bake 55-60 minutes.