Perfect for the holiday season; a make ahead brunch dish to wow even the most picky house guest!
- 1 large package spinach wilted (or I box frozen chopped spinach thawed)
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 cups smoked ham cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese grated
- 4 cups cubed bread
- 1 cup peas
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbles
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2 Wilt spinach by placing in microwave safe bowl; cover with cling film. Poke two holes in the plastic wrap and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool. Once cool drain by squeezing well.
- 3 In a large bowl whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, mustard, pepper and rosemary.
- 4 Add ham, Swiss cheese and cubed bread and combine well.
- 5 Place half of the bread mixture in a baking dish, top with spinach then peas. Cover with remaining bread mixture and pat down with a spatula.
- 6 Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and top with bacon crumbles and mozzarella.
- 7 Return to the oven, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 8 Let rest for 15 minutes prior to serving.