Caramelized cherry tomatoes are an absolute marvel and go well as a side dish with grilled chicken or fish. They can even be added to salads for an extra flavor layer. Here we serve them with baked ricotta which is filled with flavor all by itself, but the combo of the two is amazing! This is a perfect summer dish for outdoor parties, picnics and BBQs!
- Ingredients for the Baked Ricotta:
- 2 pounds ricotta
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Sat & pepper to taste
- Ingredients for the Caramelized Cherry tomato Sauce:
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup black olives chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Light sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1 Baked Ricotta Method:
- 2 Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 3 Mix all ingredients together.
- 4 Spread ricotta mixture in a greased loaf pan.
- 5 Bake 50-60 minutes or until firm.
- 6 Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- 7 Caramelized Cherry Tomato Sauce Method:
- 8 Combine cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 9 Place in a single layer in casserole dish.
- 10 Bake in a 325°F oven for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 11 Remove from oven and add the capers, basil and olive.
- 12 Let cool to room temperature.
- 13 Spoon tomato mixture over the room temperature baked ricotta, slice and serve.