Balsamic vinegar adds its characteristic pungent sweetness to this popular brunch cocktail. For the best flavor, choose a good-quality, multifiltered vodka.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Breakfast and Brunch, by Georgeanne Brennan, Elinor Klivans, Jordan Mackay and Charles Pierce (Oxmoor House, 2007).
- Ice cubes as needed
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Juice of 2 limes
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 4 green chilies
- 1 Fill 4 tall glasses with ice.
- 2 In a large pitcher, combine the vodka, tomato juice, vinegar, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, celery salt, lime juice and ice.
- 3 Stir well to combine and season with pepper.
- 4 Pour into the ice-filled glasses and garnish each glass with a cherry tomato and a chili speared on a cocktail pick.
- 5 Serve immediately.