If you’ve got a beer, this is the easiest way to prepare an impressive looking and tasting bird on the grill.
Why Try? Beer Can Chicken is great for entertaining, so invite some friends to share!
- 1 - 4 pound whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry rub
- 1 can of beer, half full
- 1 Preheat grill to medium high heat (about 400°F).
- 2 Remove neck and gizzards from chicken and rinse well, patting with paper towels to dry. Rub oil on outside and inside of bird.
- 3 Season chicken liberally inside and out with salt, pepper, and dry rub.
- 4 Set chicken upright over the beer so that the open beer is inside the chicken but is resting on the can. Set onto preheated grill with the can and two legs supporting the chicken. Grill over indirect heat for 1 1/4 hours or until breast meat is 165°F and thigh is 180°F and juices run clear. Let rest 10 minutes and serve.