Colorful sliced red and golden beets tossed in raspberry citrus vinaigrette topped with crumbled bleu cheese and toasted walnuts.
Why Try? For a quick & easy beet salad; slice packaged peeled and steamed beets, available in the refrigerated produce section of grocery store, and toss with prepared raspberry salad dressing and a package of candied walnuts.
- 3 pounds fresh red and golden beets
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled, sliced into 1/4-inch wheels, and quartered
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 3/4 cup pecans, lightly toasted
- 1 To prepare vinaigrette, combine vinegar, orange juice, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in bowl; whisk to blend. Reserve.
- 2 Trim beets. Simmer uncovered in salted boiling water for 45 to 60 minutes, or until beets are tender; drain.
- 3 Peel beets and slice into 1/4-inch slices. Combine sliced beets, red onion, orange slices and orange zest in large bowl with reserved vinaigrette; toss to blend.
- 4 To serve, arrange lettuce on platter and top with beet mixture. Garnish salad with crumbled bleu cheese and pecans.