This Indian inspired biryani paste adds bold spicy flavor to chicken. Our recipe features sautéed boneless skinless chicken breasts with fresh seasonal vegetables adding the biryani paste to finish the dish.
Neptune Biryani Style Paste is available for purchase in the Food Channel Store.
Foodie Byte: Biryani Spice Paste is similar in texture and usage to curry sauce and is an ingredient that adds new flavors to everyday dishes such as baked white fish. Serve leftover Biryani chicken with rice rolled up in a flour tortilla wrap.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 crowns of broccoli, cut into bite size florets
- 1 pint shitake mushrooms
- 3 carrots peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 medium onion, diced, (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- ¾ cup Neptune Biryani Style Paste
- 6 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons cream of coconut
- 1 Heat vegetable oil and sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; add chicken and cook for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2 Add the vegetables and sauté another 8 minutes, or until tender crisp; add cashews and toss to blend.
- 3 In a small bowl, combine the Biryani Style Paste, yogurt and cream of coconut and mix well. Add sauce to chicken/vegetable mixture.
- 4 Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, or until warm.
- 5 Serve immediately over basmati rice, if desired.