Biscuits with chocolate gravy are considered a traditional comfort food classic in parts of the South. We added a topping of salty-sweet crumbled bacon and coarse-flaked sea salt served over hot-from-the-oven biscuits topped with a ladle of chocolate gravy for this craveable contemporary version.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 buttermilk biscuits, fresh baked, warm
- 4 pats butter
- 1/4 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 1 cup crisp crumbled bacon, warm
- 1 Combine sugar, cocoa powder and flour in a small bowl and whisk to blend.
- 2 Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat; add cocoa mixture and whisk for 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly, until chocolate gravy is smooth and has thickened to gravy-like consistency.
- 3 Arrange split biscuits on plates; spread evenly with butter and top with warm chocolate gravy, sea salt and crumbled bacon.