Recipe for blueberry-lemon corn muffins.
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture
- 6 paper muffin cup liners
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2 Line six 1/3-cup muffin cups with paper liners. Melt butter and cool.
- 3 Into a large bowl sift together flour and baking powder and whisk in cornmeal, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon zest, and a generous pinch salt.
- 4 In a bowl whisk together melted butter, milk, and yolks and add to flour mixture with half of blueberries, gently stirring until just combined.
- 5 Divide batter evenly among cups (batter will fill cups) and press remaining blueberries into tops of muffins. Sprinkle tops of muffins evenly with remaining tablespoon sugar.
- 6 Bake muffins in middle of oven about 15 minutes, or until tops are golden and a tester comes out clean. Remove muffins from cups and cool on a rack. Muffins keep in an airtight container at room temperature 2 days.