Ripe blueberries and a splash of orange zest combined with your favorite pancake or biscuit mix for a delicious start to the day.
This recipe makes 12-14 pancakes.
Why Try? Feel good about starting your day with a hot breakfast packed with antioxidant-rich blueberries.
- 4 cups blueberries, divided
- 2 cups prepared biscuit and baking mix
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 To prepare blueberry syrup, combine maple syrup and 1 cup blueberries in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 2 To prepare pancakes, combine baking mix, eggs, milk, orange zest, vanilla, butter, baking powder and sugar in mixing bowl; whisk to blend.
- 3 Ladle pancake batter, 3 tablespoons at a time, onto oiled griddle.
- 4 Sprinkle each pancake with about 1/4 cup blueberries. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until bubbles pop on surface of pancakes, flip and cook on the other side until lightly browned.
- 5 Serve warm pancakes topped with blueberry syrup.