Kids and young adults all over the world are crazy for this cold and refreshing new drink sensation. Bubble Tea started in Taiwan in the early 1980s, and now there are Bubble Tea shops on every street corner in Asia. Normally this drink is served in a clear glass with a wide straw in order to suck up the tapioca pearls that sink to the bottom.
Recipe courtesy of Blue Bunny®.
(See video “how to” below.)
- For Tapioca Pearls: 2 BLUE BUNNY® Bomb Pop®, melted
- 7 cups of water
- 1 cup of Tapioca Pearls
- For Smoothie: 4 BLUE BUNNY® Bomb Pop® melted, chilled
- 4 cups prepared Green Tea, chilled
- 8 strawberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- UTENSILS: Large pot
- 1 For Tapioca Pearls: Bring the water to a boil and add pearls. Boil for 30 minutes covered. Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes. Strain water and mix tapioca balls with melted Bomb Pops.
- 2 For Smoothies: In a blender mix tea, melted Bomb Pops, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Blend until smooth. Add tapioca balls and serve chilled.