All I have to do is take one sniff of a glass of bourbon and I’m transported to a cool, fall day in Starkville at Davis Wade Stadium. I can hear the crowds and feel the excitement.
Daddy never missed a game and neither did I. This drink is subtle and absolutely drinkable, and it will quickly become your most favorite game day or party go-to. It couldn’t be any easier either, plus it freezes beautifully.
You can make it months ahead so it’s ready when you are.
This recipe is excerpted from What Can I Bring? by Elizabeth Heiskell. Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. NewYork, NY. All rights reserved.
- 6 cups hot brewed tea
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups bourbon
- 1 Combine the hot tea and sugar in a heatproof bowl; stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the lemonade concentrate and orange juice concentrate; stir until blended.
- 2 Let stand until cool, about 1 hour. Stir in the bourbon. Pour the bourbon mixture into a large freezer-safe container, and freeze until almost firm, about 8 hours or overnight.
- 3 Let stand at room temperature until partially thawed, about 1 hour. Spoon into glasses, and serve immediately.