Transform your baked apples into a sumptuous breakfast!
Watch the video here.
Along with baked apples, we also have three great ideas for incorporating them into a Baked Apple Oatmeal, Baked Apple Overnight Oats, and a Baked Apple Parfait. Find them below!
Baked Apple Oatmeal
Cook steel-cut oats. Chop the baked apples into pieces, and top on the oatmeal in a bowl, once cooked. Feel free to add raw honey, chopped nuts, and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
Baked Apple Overnight Oats
Layer in a mason jar from bottom to top with 1/2 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats, 1/4 cup of yogurt, 2/3 cup of dairy milk or plant-based milk, baked apple chunks and honey (optional). Let sit in the fridge overnight and enjoy the next morning.
Baked Apple Breakfast Parfait
In a bowl, add yogurt (plain, Greek or vanilla) homemade granola and baked apples.
- 2 Med-large sized apples of any kind
- 2 TB of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 TB of unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp of pumpkin spice
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper at the bottom of a baking dish.
- 2 Core apple halfway and make a wide opening or pocket into the apple. Remove all the seeds.
- 3 Melt butter in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Mix the melted butter in a small cup or bowl with brown sugar.
- 4 Put the melted butter & brown sugar mixture into the apples.
- 5 Top the apples with lemon zest and pumpkin spice.
- 6 Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the apple but check after 13-14 minutes.
- 7 Apple should have a bit of firmness and not be mushy.