Surprise your Valentine with this indulgent pizza made rich with the addition of Fontina cheese, bacon, spinach and lobster. It’s a great way to bring a little something out of the ordinary into a dish that is sure to please!
- 1 pizza dough, prepared
- 3 lobster tails
- 5 slices bacon, thick cut
- 1 shallot, minced
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 ounces mozzarella, shredded
- 8 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, freshly grated.
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2 Boil lobster tails in salted water until bright red and meat is tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- 3 Drain and let cool.
- 4 With kitchen shears, cut away the membrane from the tail anddiscard the intestinal vein.
- 5 Chop lobster meat and set aside.
- 6 In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until it is just beginning to crisp.
- 7 Remove bacon and set aside on paper towels.
- 8 Drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat.
- 9 In the same skillet, sauté the shallots and garlic for 1-2 minutes, add spinach, and sauté until it wilts.
- 10 Season with salt and pepper to taste, remove from the pan and set aside.
- 11 To the same skillet, add the butter and cook over medium heat until just browned.
- 12 Whisk browned bits on the bottom of the skillet and remove from heat.
- 13 Stir in parsley, thyme and crushed red pepper.
- 14 Drizzle half of butter mixture over reserved lobster and toss to coat.
- 15 To Assemble Pizza:
- 16 Spread the pizza dough with remaining butter mixture, spread dollops of sun-dried tomato pesto and half of reserved spinach.
- 17 Top that with half the cheese, remaining spinach, lobster chunks and the rest of the cheese.
- 18 Sprinkle on bacon.
- 19 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and the crust is golden.