A novel, fun and delicious way to change up your ordinary burger! Super easy to make and perfect for summer holidays, picnics and BBQs!
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon barbecue rub; I use smoky apple wood
- Salt & pepper
- 4 bamboo skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 Preheat grill.
- 2 Divide the ground sirloin into 4 portions and gently roll into hot dog shapes.
- 3 Slide a skewer into the center lengthwise of each burger-dog.
- 4 Sprinkle with BBQ Rub, salt & pepper.
- 5 Stretch the bacon slices between your fingers to lengthen and thin out a bit.
- 6 Wrap one bacon slice around each burger-dog.
- 7 Grill on medium/high for 6-8 minutes turning so all sides are browned.
- 8 Place onto hot dog buns and serve with your favorite condiments.