Bring some class and drama to your New Year’s Eve toast with a classic holiday cocktail, finished with a crisp, caramelized topping created with a Bernzomatic torch.
The torch was designed by some of America’s favorite chefs, offering the unique twist of some real flair. Always follow manufacturer instructions for use and safety.
Photo provided by Bernzomatic/Ivy Mix.
We also featured some fun recipes in November using the Bernzomatic and they can be found below:
Find a recipe for Apple and Brie Brulee here.
Find a recipe for Potato and Cauliflower Au Gratin here.
Find a recipe for Sweet Potato Crumbles here.
Egg Nog (note: store-bought egg nog may be used instead)
- 3 egg yolks, fresh
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup cream
- 3 fresh egg whites
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 dash nutmeg to taste if desired
- 2 ounces quality bourbon
- 2 ounces Jamaican Rum
- As needed Pine sprigs
- 1 Using the Bernzomatic ST2200 Detail Torch, slightly burn about 4" of a Christmas pine sprig. Following, add 2 oz. bourbon and 2 oz. Jamaican rum and let it sit overnight.
- 2 Whisk together egg yolks and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar until light, dense, and mixture forms a ribbon trail when whisk is lifted. While whisking, add 2 oz of the cocktail infusion. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- 3 Beat in cream. In another bowl, whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt, until fluffy. Fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
- 4 Add in remaining infused spirit.
- 5 Using the Bernzomatic ST2200 Detail Torch, flame another strand of pine for garnish.
- 6 Note: if using store bought eggnog, complete step 1, then fold cocktail infusion into eggnog, garnish with torched pine sprig and enjoy.