Butternut squash soup will warm you up on a cool autumn day or anytime you’re craving a creamy soup.
Recipe courtesy of KRAFT.
Nutritional Information: Calories 210, Total fat 5 g, Saturated fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 870 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Dietary fiber 4 g, Sugars 5 g, Protein 5 g, Vitamin A 130 %DV, Vitamin C 50 %DV, Calcium 10 %DV, Iron 15 %DV, Diabetes Food Choices: 2 Carbohydrates + 1 Fats
Serving Size = 1 cup (250 mL) + 7 crackers (20 g)
Nutrition Bonus: This creamy soup is not only an excellent source vitamin A, but also provides a moderate amount of dietary fiber!
Kraft Kitchens Tips:
Apple Butternut Squash Soup: Prepare as directed, adding 2 chopped peeled apples to the oil in saucepan along with the squash, onions and garlic.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium butternut squash (2 pounds/900 grams each), peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cans (10 fluid ounces/284 milliliters each) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup light sour cream, divided
- PREMIUM PLUS Crackers
- 1 HEAT oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add squash, onions and garlic; cook 5 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in allspice; cook 1 minute.
- 2 ADD chicken broth. Bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Add, in batches, to food processor; cover. Process until smooth. Return to saucepan. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 3 LADLE soup into eight bowls. Add 1 tablespoon sour cream to each bowl; stir gently to swirl. Serve with the crackers.