Your guests will be delighted with this dazzling display of caramel and cream puffs in a tree shape for Christmas or any holiday special occasion. And then they get to taste this incredible holiday dessert.
Why Try? This Croquembouche is the ultimate when it comes to holiday desserts. Not only will it taste scrumptious, but it’s quite a whimsical display.
- 70 mini cream puffs, frozen, prepared
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 4x12 (approximately) foam cone, covered in gold foil
- 1 For the sugar syrup: In a 3 quart saucepan combine sugar and salt. Add 2/3 cup water to moisten the sugar. Cover and boil for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the lid and cook, stirring occasionally, until the caramel is light golden. Immediately put the bottom of the pot in the bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Remove the pot from the water.
- 2 Take each individual cream puff and first dip the top into the sugar syrup and set on parchment paper to cool slightly. Dip the same cream puff a second time on the bottom and immediately place, side by side, on the platter surrounding the cone to form a ring.
- 3 Add another layer to begin stacking cream puffs so that they hug the cone forming the tree shape.
- 4 Once all the cream puffs are placed; drizzle any remaining sugar syrup over the cream puffs starting at the top of the tree going all the way to the bottom.
- 5 Serve immediately.