This classic, Carolina-style burger gets the mini (or slider) treatment in this recipe.
Why Try? You get the great savory burger flavor and the crunch of the coleslaw for an exceptional eating experience.
- 3 pounds 80/20 ground chuck
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cup prepared coleslaw
- 24 - 3-inch butter and egg dinner rolls
- 1 Build a charcoal fire or heat a gas grill.
- 2 Place the ground chuck in a large bowl and add the steak sauce and salt, and pepper. Mix well. Shape the meat into 24 (2-ounce) patties.
- 3 When the grill is medium-hot, brush the grill grate with oil. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 4-6 minutes each side or longer if you prefer the burgers more well done.
- 4 Slice the buns in half and toast cut side down on the grill.
- 5 To serve, place 1 mini burger on the bottom half of each of the rolls. Place 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce, 1 tablespoon coleslaw and cover with the top half. Serve.