It’s that time of year again when one minute we cheerfully embrace the arrival of Spring, and the next we find ourselves in our winter boots. The need for warm comfort food still lingers, and yet the lengthening days finds us longing for something lighter! That’s why this Cauliflower Cheese Soup recipe is the perfect light dish, quick and easy to make, yet still delicious.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1 small head of cauliflower, in florets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cup mature cheddar, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 Heat the butter in a large saucepan and add the onion with a pinch of salt.
- 2 Cook for a few minutes and then add the cauliflower.
- 3 Add a pinch of turmeric, turn to a low heat, and cover.
- 4 Cook, covered, for 5 or 10 minutes, without browning.
- 5 Add the paprika and pepper, and then the milk with the Worcestershire sauce.
- 6 Simmer gently until the cauliflower is tender.
- 7 Blitz the soup in a blender.
- 8 Return to the pan and bring back up to temperature.
- 9 Add the cheeses and stir until melted.
- 10 Serve in bowls, garnished with bacon and croutons if desired.