Horseradish gives this salmon recipe extra kick!
Recipe courtesy of the National Horseradish Council in celebration of National Horseradish Month (July).
More about horseradish —and more recipes.
- 1 untreated (about 17x10x1-inch) red cedar plank
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger root
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sweet rice wine (mirin), available in ethnic section of market
- 4 6-ounce salmon filets
- 1 Fill roasting pan with water. Add cedar plank; weigh down with small can or pot to keep submerged. Soak 4-6 hours. A baking sheet may be used if cedar plank is unavailable.
- 2 Combine soy sauce, horseradish, ginger root, Dijon mustard, sesame oil and sweet rice wine in baking dish. Add salmon. Turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 4-6 hours.
- 3 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using cedar plank, heat in middle of oven 10 minutes. Place salmon on plank and bake 20-30 minutes until just cooked through.