This fun sandwich features creamy peanut butter and strawberry preserves layered on bite-size squares of wheat, white and pumpernickel bread arranged in a checkerboard pattern!
We added crunchy fresh veggie sticks, Monterey Jack cheese cubes and fresh blueberries for this simple and tasty school lunch box.
Find our other Back to School recipes below:
- 1 slice wheat bread
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 slice pumpernickel, dark wheat or rye bread
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam, preserves or jelly
- As needed crinkle cut carrot slices
- As needed fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 6 (1/2-inch) cubes Monterey Jack cheese
- As needed fresh blueberries
- 1 Cut 1 slice of wheat bread in half; spread peanut butter and preserves on bottom half of bread. Close with top half of bread. Cut off crusts and slice sandwich into thirds.
- 2 Repeat with white bread.
- 3 Repeat with pumpernickel bread.
- 4 Arrange sandwich bites in a checkerboard pattern in a medium-size rectangle container.
- 5 Arrange carrots and sugar snap peas in small container.
- 6 Arrange cheese and blueberries in small container.
- 7 Close with container lids. Keep chilled.