The amazing combination of sweet corn with melted Cheddar cheese and smoky bacon makes this side dish a worthy candidate for your Thanksgiving table.
Why Try? This creamy corn side dish pairs up beautifully with mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing. It just fits right in. You’ll want to give it a recurring role in your Thanksgiving spread, or anytime you want to serve something special.
- 2 (10 ounce each) packages frozen corn
- 4 strips bacon, 1/2-inch diced and drippings
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup half and half cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 Cook bacon until crisp. Remove.
- 2 In drippings, sauté onions until soft but not brown. Add corn and cheese to onions. Cook, stirring about 10 minutes.
- 3 Add cream and seasonings. Top with bacon and heat until bubbly.