This quick-cooking side will add a tasty burst of color to your table.
Why Try? This recipe may be made a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Which is great if you’re preparing it for an early brunch or weeknight dinner.
- 6 tomatoes on the vine
- 1/3 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- (1/4 teaspoon each) salt and pepper to season the insides of the tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, fresh, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, minced (about 2)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, classic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (about 2 cloves)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Cut off the top 1/4 of each tomato and scoop out the seeds and juice, leaving only the thick outside flesh.
- 3 Combine parsley, thyme, green onion, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic, and sour cream in a medium sized bowl.
- 4 Season the inside of each tomato with additional salt and pepper. Stuff each tomato with about 1/3 cup of filling. Place the tomatoes on a sheet tray and bake for about 15 minutes.
- 5 Remove tomatoes from oven and top each tomato with 1 tablespoon of gruyere cheese and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Put back into the oven for one to two minutes or until the cheese has melted. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.