Homemade fruitbreads add a festive and delicious touch to your breakfast table. Use a lovely decorative mold to take things up another notch.
Why Try? This recipe offers you a sweet way to dress up breakfast—or serve it as luscious yet not-so-decadent dessert.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 - 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Cream sugar, butter and eggs until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt, stir into creamed mixture. Add buttermilk, mix well. Stir in nuts, cherries and vanilla.
- 3 Turn batter into a well-greased 2-quart mold or Bundt pan.
- 4 Bake 1 hour. Remove from pan and cool on rack.