Chewy Noels Recipe – These walnut bars are part of The Food Channel’s Virtual Cookie Exchange. Chock full of walnuts and brown sugar, with a nice dusting of confectioner’s sugar, they fit on any holiday plate.
These are delicious straight from the freezer, too! Leave them big or slice them into any size desired.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar
- 1 Melt butter in square baking pan in preheated oven.
- 2 Beat eggs slightly. Add sugar, flour, soda, nuts and vanilla to eggs. Pour mixture over butter. Do not stir. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until center is set.
- 3 Dust top with powdered sugar while hot. Turn out of pan onto rack. Cut into squares and dust bottom with powdered sugar.