Traditionally made with veal, chicken is just as flavorful and much easier on your budget! The combination of lemons and capers is an absolute taste festival in your mouth. Quick enough for a weeknight meal yet dramatic enough for your most festive occasion, Chicken Piccata is a dish everyone can easily master!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pinch pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil +2 tablespoons butter for sautéing
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound out so they are even in thickness.
- 2 Mix together flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 3 Beat together eggs and milk.
- 4 Dip chicken in egg mixture then dredge in flour.
- 5 Melt butter and olive oil over med/high heat until bubbling.
- 6 Brown the lemon slices then remove and set aside.
- 7 Add chicken pieces and sauté 3 minutes.
- 8 Turn over, cover and sauté another 2 minutes.
- 9 Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 10 Add white wine and garlic to pan and reduce by half.
- 11 Add chicken stock to the pan and reduce by half.
- 12 Add capers and butter.
- 13 When butter is melted return the lemon and chicken to the pan and heat for one minute on each side.