Chicken Supremes with Tapenade and Mushroom Sauce Recipe. This savory chicken dish is perfect for a cold winter’s night. It is a festive, easy-to-make recipe created by Chef Jacques Pepin.
Recipe by Jacques Pepin courtesy of Manischewitz.com
- TAPENADE: 1 cup mix of pitted olives, black oil-cured olives, Kalamata olives, and green olives
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 2 dried apricot halves, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Baby Bella mushrooms, washed and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Manischewitz Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or parsley
- 1 FOR THE TAPENADE: Put all the tapenade ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse to make a coarse puree.
- 2 Cut a horizontal slit in each chicken breast to create a pocket, and stuff with the tapenade. Set aside until serving time. When ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 180ºF. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, and when hot, season the stuffed breasts with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and arrange them side by side in the skillet. Cook over medium heat, covered, for about 3 minutes on each side, and then transfer to a platter, and keep warm in the 180ºF oven.
- 3 Add the mushrooms and onion to the skillet, and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add the Manischewitz Chicken Broth, and reduce the contents by boiling for 2 minutes. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 Serve a chicken breast on each of four hot plates, and add any juice that has accumulated around them on the platter to the mushroom sauce in the pan.
- 5 Divide the mushrooms and sauce among the servings, spooning it over the chicken breasts, and sprinkle the parsley or chives on top. Serve.