Delicious slow-simmered chili, ladled over your favorite pasta, with an assortment of toppings, including shredded cheddar cheese, fresh chopped tomatoes, diced red onions, sour cream, ripe diced avocados and tortilla chips.
Why Try? Wow your party crowd with an impressive chili buffet, with lots of topping choices so everyone can customize their own creation. Or, just make it for your family to enjoy the cooler weather!
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped red or green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 (1-oz.) package chili seasoning
- 2 (28-oz.) cans crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1 (16-oz.) can pinto beans
- 1 (16-oz.) can red kidney beans
- 1 (16-oz.) can black beans
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle beer
- Spaghetti noodles (or penne pasta), cooked al dente, drained
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Diced ripe avocado
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced red onions
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- 1 Heat oil in large heavy soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, bell pepper, and garlic; sauté until onions are translucent, about 8 to10 minutes.
- 2 Add ground chuck; season with salt and pepper. Sauté until brown, stirring often. Add chili seasonings and stir to blend.
- 3 Mix in crushed tomatoes, beans and beer; simmer over low heat, stirring frequently, for 60 minutes or until thick and flavors have blended.
- 4 Arrange toppings in separate bowls.
- 5 To serve, portion pasta in large bowls, ladle chili over pasta and garnish each bowl with choice of toppings.