In little more time than it takes to boil water you’ve got dinner on the table with this quick-to-fix stir fry. While noodles are cooking, stir fry the shrimp in sesame oil until pink, add sweet chili sauce, heat until bubbly and serve over drained noodles tossed in sesame-soy sauce with green onions.
Why Try? Shrimp stir fry…really fast, really easy, really good!
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta, dry
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon good quality soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 pound large raw shrimp (about 16 to 20 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup Holland House White Cooking Wine
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 Cook angel hair pasta according to package directions.
- 2 While pasta is cooking, combine green onions, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, soy sauce and sesame seeds in a large bowl and stir to blend. Add hot drained pasta and toss to evenly coat. Keep warm.
- 3 Drain thawed shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- 4 Heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil in large skillet or wok; add shrimp and stir fry over medium heat for 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink, stirring frequently. Add Holland House White Cooking Wine and sweet chili sauce. Heat for 2 minutes or until bubbling and liquid is starting to reduce.
- 5 To serve, divide pasta evenly on 4 plates; top each evenly with sweet chili shrimp mixture.