Recipe for Chili Rubbed Shrimp & Corn Fettuccine with Tequila Lime Butter Sauce, a finalist in the 3rd Annual Plugrá Magnifique Recipe Contest.
- 1 poblano pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh
- 4 tablespoons Plugrá® European-Style Butter, unsalted, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 cup black beans, canned, rinsed, drained, warmed
- Tequila-Lime Butter Sauce
- 6 tablespoons Plugrá® European-Style Butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Heat broiler. Cut poblano pepper in half lengthwise and remove seeds and veins. Flatten with palm of hand and place on a foiled-lined broiler pan, skin sides up.
- 2 Broil until blackened all over, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3 Place in a plastic bag a few minutes to steam, then remove blackened skit.
- 4 Coarsely chop peppers and place in a small bowl.
- 5 Cook fettuccine according to package instructions for al dente. Drain, do not rinse, and return to pot.
- 6 Pour tequila-lime butter sauce over fettuccine and keep warm.
- 7 While fettuccine is cooking, sauté corn in 2 tablespoons Plugrá Butter in a large skillet until toasted and beginning to caramelize, about 3 to 4 minutes; add to poblanos.
- 8 Combine chili powder, salt and cayenne and toss with shrimp.
- 9 Melt remaining butter and cook shrimp until firm and opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 10 Add shrimp, black beans, poblano and corn mixture to fettuccine and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- 11 Tequila-Lime Butter Sauce: Melt the Plugrá Butter in a saucepan until it is nutty brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.Add the tequila and simmer for 3 minutes.Stir in lime juice and salt and keep warm until ready to serve.