These bite size wontons are the perfect way to end an Asian inspired dinner.
- 12 eggroll wrappers, 5-inch x 5-inch
- Water, as needed
- 3/4 cup refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- Vegetable oil for frying, as needed
- 1 cup prepared chocolate sauce
- 1 To assemble each wonton: arrange 1 eggroll wrapper on a flat work surface; brush topside lightly with water. Portion 1 tablespoon chocolate chip cookie dough in center of wrapper.
- 2 Fold closed into a wonton-shaped wrapper and press edges to seal. Cover.
- 3 Repeat with remaining wontons.
- 4 Heat oil in deep fryer or large heavy saucepan to 350°F.
- 5 Working in several smaller batches, carefully transfer wontons into hot oil and fry on each side for1 minute, or until light golden brown.
- 6 Carefully remove fried wontons with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- 7 Repeat with remaining wontons.
- 8 To serve: arrange 3 wontons on each plate with 1/4 cup chocolate sauce for dipping.