These simple, bite-sized tartlets pack a rich, chocolaty punch.
Why Try? The tartlets are easy to make, and will be a big hit at your holiday party.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 - 9" refrigerated pie crust dough discs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2 Unroll prepared pie crust and lay on to a cutting board.
- 3 Using a 3-inch diameter cookie cutter, cut circles from the pie crust. Each pie crust should yield 10 circles. Combine dough scraps, roll flat, and cut the remaining 4 circles.
- 4 Spray mini cupcake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Press each dough circle into the bottom and sides of the cupcake molds.
- 5 Bake for 9 minutes, until edges become golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- 6 Combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every thirty seconds. When completely melted and smooth, transfer mixture to a measuring cup.
- 7 Fill each shell with chocolate ganache and allow to rest at room temperature at least one hour.
- 8 Remove from the pan and serve.