Have some beautiful Christmas pears that will go to waste if you don’t eat them quickly? These Pear Drop Cookies give you the chance to create a warm, fruity cookie that has all the flavors of the season.
These cookies are part of our 2016 Twelve Days of Christmas Cookies edition; find 12+ drop cookie recipes by clicking on this article link.
- 1 cup butter, softened plus 1/4 cup if using fresh pears
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 pears to equal 1/2 cup cinnamon pears (cook with butter and cinnamon if using fresh pears, or use canned pears and add a sprinkling of cinnamon)
- 1 First, cook fresh pears by dicing pears and adding to a skillet with 1/4 cup butter.
- 2 Sprinkle with cinnamon and cook until pears are softened. Drain and set aside.
- 3 OR use canned pears, drained and sprinkled with cinnamon.
- 4 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5 Mix 1 cup butter, flour, powdered sugar together and beat until smooth.
- 6 Fold in prepared pears.
- 7 Drop onto cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 8 Bake for 15 minutes.
- 9 Cool before serving.