This is a “wow” cookie by its looks alone. The bigger the scoop, the bigger the cookie. This colossal chocolate chip cookie is one you’ll want to share!
Why Try? You’re always looking for the ultimate chocolate chip cookie. We’ve found this colossal chocolate chip cookie to be a show stopper.
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2 In a medium bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 3 Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- 4 Refrigerate cookie dough for 30 minutes or until cold.
- 5 Using a 1/3 measuring cup drop cold dough 2-inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6 Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.