Sometimes the simplest desserts are the best and this country peach and lavender tart is a perfect example. Using only five ingredients you can create a mouthwatering dessert using a variety of seasonal fruits.
- 1 pie crust
- 6 fresh ripe peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 In a large pot bring enough water to cover the peaches to a boil.
- 3 Make a cross cut on the bottom of the peaches and drop into boiling water for 45-60 seconds.
- 4 Remove peaches from boiling water and drop into ice water to stop cooking process.
- 5 Peel and slice peaches.
- 6 Mix peaches, sugar, lavender and vanilla.
- 7 Line baking dish with pie crust.
- 8 Fill crust with peaches and fold the pie crust up and around the peaches leaving the center open.
- 9 Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- 10 Serve warm as is or give your family a real treat and serve with ice cream and berry coulis.