A simple butter cookie loaded with dried cranberries. A delightful choice around the holidays, it makes a lovely gift, too.
Why Try? The cranberry sugar cookie dough is easy to make and you can use different types of dried fruit. Wrapped up in parchment paper and tied with ribbons, this sugar cookie dough makes a great gift the recipients can simply bake themselves in the oven.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 2 In a medium bowl, cream together with a large spoon butter, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- 3 Add flour and salt, stir until combined. Stir in dried cranberries. Divide dough into quarters.
- 4 On parchment, shape each portion into 1 1/2″ x 4″ log. Wrap tightly in plastic. Chill 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- 5 With a sharp knife, slice dough into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Rotate as you cut to keep it from flattening. Place rounds on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- 6 Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool sheets on wire racks.