Holly Clegg shares her recipe for Crawfish Etouffee that is packed full of flavor but it is still cautious of your waistline. Make this recipe at home today to be part of her trim & terrific lifestyle!
Want to see how it’s done? Check out the video for Crawfish Etouffee!
This recipe is brought to us by Holly Clegg’s Trim and Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pound Louisiana crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch green onion stems, finely chopped
- 1 In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat oil and stir in flour.
- 2 Cook over medium heat until light brown, about 6–8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3 Add onion, green pepper, and garlic.
- 4 Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5 Gradually add broth and stir until thickened.
- 6 Add paprika and crawfish. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste.
- 7 Stir in green onions and cook for another few minutes before serving.
- 8 Serve over rice and enjoy!