With the turkey, the gravy, the stuffing and mashed potatoes, there’s not a lot of color on the Thanksgiving table. This creamed spinach brings some bright green color and excellent nutrition.
Why Try? A great way to get a green vegetable into your Thanksgiving meal, and it can be made ahead.
- 3 (10-ounce packages) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 Drain thawed spinach in a colander and squeeze dry.
- 2 Melt butter in a large skillet, sauté onions over medium-high heat until translucent.
- 3 Remove from heat, add spinach and remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
- 4 Pour into a 9-inch casserole dish and heat 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.