This easy-to-prepare appetizer can be made ahead and offers a crunchy-sweet and spicy flavor. An unexpected appetizer or party munchies.
Why Try? This is a terrific nibble to get the party started! Sure to surprise and delight your guests.
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning blend
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Louisiana style hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Combine butter, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and Creole seasoning in a large non-stick skillet and stir until blended; heat until bubbly over medium-low heat.
- 2 Add pecans and toss in butter mixture to evenly coat.
- 3 Pan-toast pecans over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- 4 Add brown sugar and stir to blend; continue pan-toasting for 2 to 3 minutes over low heat or until sugar is dissolved and pecans are golden and toasted.
- 5 Cool.