Homemade fries don’t have to be intimidating! These Crispy Oven Baked Cajun Fries are simple to make, use few ingredients, and take very little time for how packed with flavor they are.
Want to see how it’s done? Watch the video here!
- 2 large Russet potatoes
- Cajun seasoning, to taste
- Real garlic, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 Peel potatoes and cut in half and then half again.
- 2 Cut into even thin pieces, the more evenly thick you can cut them, the more even they will bake.
- 3 Put them into a bowl of ice water and let them soak for about 20 minutes.
- 4 Rince well and then thoroughly pat them dry with paper towel. Make sure you get as much water off as you can.
- 5 Put the cut potatoes into a Ziploc bag with 1-2 tsp of avocado oil and shake to coat.
- 6 Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top of it. Lay the potatoes on the cooling rack so that they are not touching. Sprinkle with seasonings, to taste.
- 7 Bake at 450F for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.