This Crustless Mediterranean Quiche is creamy goodness with a little sass! This recipe makes for a great brunch, supper or on-the-go lunch.
To add a touch of freshness: Add 6 small spring onions, thinly sliced, in Step 3. You can either keep or omit the minced garlic.
Not sure about feta? Choose another crumbly cheese that you prefer, or select a sharp or mild one and shred it.
No pine nuts in the house? Go with another creamy-flavored nut, like hazelnuts or cashews.
No zucchini available? Chop and steam a pound of fresh spinach. Squeeze it dry after it’s cooled and add it in Step 3.
This recipe is created by Tina C. Excerpted from Stock the Crock by Phyllis Good. Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. New York, NY. All rights reserved.
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups plain full-fat, low-fat or non-fat yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 lb zucchini, unpeeled and grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh Toppings: fresh dill, parsley and mint (optional)
- 1 Grease the interior of the slow cooker crock with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 Process the crumbled feta, yogurt, and eggs in a food processor until well mixed. It doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth.
- 3 In a medium bowl, stir together the grated zucchini, minced garlic, drained chiles, dill, parsley, mint, and pine nuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4 Pour the cheesy-egg mixture over the other ingredients and combine well. Pour into the prepared crock.
- 5 Cover. Cook on High 1 1⁄2 to 2 hours, or until a knife inserted in the center of the quiche comes out clean. (After cooking 2 hours, check after 15-minute increments until the center is firm.)
- 6 Uncover and turn off the cooker. Remove the crock and let it stand on a trivet for 20 minutes so the quiche can firm up before slicing and serving.