- 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- pinch cayenne pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add lemon juice and cook for 1 minute. Add cucumber slices, broth, salt, pepper and cayenne then bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook on low until the cucumbers are soft.
- 2 Carefully transfer the soup to a blender. Add avocado and parsley; blend on low speed until smooth. Pour into a serving bowl and stir in yogurt. Serve warm or chilled. Just before serving, garnish with extra cucumber and chopped parsley.