These peppers are off-the-chart delicious! Packed full of flavor, sweet and savory, and then finishing off with a spicy note, this is the perfect snack for your next party!
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
This is part of The Food Channel’s Speedway Snackers program, highlighting new or on-trend foods at NASCAR® speedways nationwide. For other recipes and videos in the series:
- For The Pimento Cheese:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar, freshly grated
- 1 small jar pimentos, diced, drained
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- For The Peppers:
- 8 medium jalapenos, halved, seeded
- 8 strips of bacon, halved
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- Cayenne pepper sauce as needed
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 To make the Pimento Cheese:
- 3 In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- 4 Add in Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic salt, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
- 5 Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula then fold in grated cheddar and pimentos. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 6 For the Peppers:
- 7 Using gloves, cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membrane.
- 8 Stuff each pepper with 1 tablespoon pimento cheese and wrap each with one half piece bacon. Place cut ends of bacon underneath to hold the cheese in place. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 9 Place stuffed peppers on a baking rack on a sheet pan.
- 10 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bacon is done to your liking.
- 11 Top with cayenne pepper sauce if desired.