This is a rich and indulgent chocolate cheesecake made doubly delicious topped with a decadent chocolate ganache.
Why Try? If you have not tried a chocolate cheesecake before, now is the time, and this is the one.
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup amaretto
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- FOR GANACHE:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- 2 Combine chocolate crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Press into bottom and 1-inch up the sides of an 8-inch Springform pan. Chill.
- 3 In a medium size bowl beat cream cheese, on high speed, until creamy.
- 4 Gradually mix in sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add melted chocolate, sour cream, amaretto, vanilla extract and almond extract, beating until smooth.
- 5 Pour into prepared crust.
- 6 Bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven; partially open the door, and let cool, in oven, for 1 hour.
- 7 Remove cheesecake from oven, and let cool to room temperature in pan on a wire rack; cover and chill at least 8 hours. Carefully remove sides of Springform pan.
- 8 For the ganache, cook the heavy cream, chocolate chips, and instant coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally.
- 9 Spread over cheesecake.